Preparation of Financial Forecasts, Target Setting & Monitoring
We will meet you and understand your needs and the purpose of the financial forecasts. We will work with you to help form and challenge the basis of the forecasts.
We can also help review forecasts on a periodic basis and compare the actual results to the forecasts and analyse any variances.
Financial forecasts comprise of a series of reports predicting the trading performance of the business over a set period of time. The reports are in the form of a profit & loss account, a cash flow statement and a balance sheet. The benefits of these reports are numerous and wide ranging and include:
- As a management tool to assess future trading performance and funding needs
- As a management tool to analyse actual results against forecast results
- As a management tool to set internal targets and budgets
- As a management tool to assess the financial impact of new business opportunities
- As a management tool to assess the financial impact of changes in operations
- As an aide to securing financial support and backing
It is difficult to imagine running a business without financial forecasts. The reports are a key management tool in controlling and monitoring financial performance. The reports should be prepared on an annual basis and updated throughout the financial year in order to compare actual performance to the original budget. All variances should be assessed and corrective action taken where possible.
The act of preparing the reports should challenge management to support the basis of the forecasts and focus on key business issues.
Other Business & Strategic Development Services include:
- Business Valuations
- Development of Systems for Corporate Control
- Devising Recovery Strategies
- Preparation of a Business Plan
- Preparation of Financial Forecasts, Target Setting and Monitoring
- Strategic Planning
- New Business Start-Ups