Preparation of Cashflow Forecasts and Target Setting
We will meet you and develop an understanding of your needs and the purpose of the financial forecasts.
We will work with you and help form and challenge the basis of the forecasts. We can also help review the forecasts on a periodic basis and analyse the actual results and variances.
However before we undertake any work we will write to you confirming exactly what you have asked us to do, and will clearly state:
- The purpose of the forecasts
- What information you will need to provide
- How we propose undertaking the work
- Who will be undertaking the work and their contact details
- When the work will be completed by
- How much will it cost
- When you will have to pay
Financial forecasts comprise of a series of reports predicting the trading performance of the business over a set period of time. The reports are in the form of a profit & loss account, cash flow statement and balance sheet. The benefits of the reports are numerous and wide ranging and include:
- As a management tool in assessing future trading performance and funding needs
- As a management tool in analysing actual results against forecast results
- As a management tool in setting internal targets and budgets
- As a management tool in assessing the financial impact of new business opportunities
- As a management tool in assessing the financial impact of changes in operations
- As an aide to securing financial support and backing
It is difficult to imagine running a business without financial forecasts. The reports are a key management tool in controlling and monitoring financial performance. The reports should be prepared on an annual basis and updated throughout the financial year. The act of preparing the reports should challenge management to support the basis of the forecasts and focus on key business issues.
We acknowledge that timing and delivery of the forecasts is very important and may be required at short notice. In recognition of the nature and scope of the work involved, our department is geared to performing to strict timescales and every effort will be made to comply with any set deadlines.
Our Grants & Corporate Finance services include:
- Grant Funding Applications
- Grant Audit
- Raising Commercial Finance
- Business Acquisitions & Disposals
- Business Restructuring
- Preparation of Cashflow Forecasts and Target Setting
- MBO's & MBI's
- Due Diligence
- Business Valuations